Tyche - Cover

Tyche

Copyright© 2020 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 52

I whipped out my phone and pushed #1. Six rings and Surprise answered.

“Hello. Tyche.” Surprise said ... chewing. The background sounded a lot like the background behind me. Mom was at the Antler.

“I have an order for a 3.7.”

“In Fiji?” Surprise asked. “New Zealand is closer.”

“I’m in Austin.”

“Ah ... that would be Nicholas. Put him on.”

I didn’t get to hear that part of the conversation. Nick had my phone.

He handed it back ... I put it to my ear ... dead air.

I looked at him. He was in the middle of a leap and fist pump.

“YES!” He shouted. “I got it!”

“Don’t burn my burgers,” I said.

Alice almost beat me to it. “Don’t burn my burgers.”

Someone came running, “Got what?”

Nick said, “Allow me to introduce you to Tyche Flintkote ... she and her mom build the fastest Farr 3.7 race boats.”

“You do?” The unknown runner said. “I want two.”

I punched #1 on my phone, put it on speaker and handed it to him.

Her mouth full of Wendy burger, Surprise answered, “Tyche ... I’m eating.” Audible swallowing and a burp. “What do you want?”

The runner said, “I’m not Tyche, I’m Anderson Gordon and I want two 3.7’s ... as soon as you can build them.”

“Rush orders are 25 each ... put Tyche on.”

“Tyche ... don’t sell any more boats ... unless you want to come home and help.”

“Mom ... I wanna go to Fiji.”

“No more boats.”

“Yes ma’am.”

“As it is ... I need you to call Company ... Those guys from Chicago ... the lawyers ... want ten more. Maybe you should come home. Use the watch.”

“Mom ... you’re on speaker.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.