Archangel - Cover

Archangel

by Dethe

Copyright© 2021 by Dethe

Science Fiction Story: Shortly after his 14th birthday John woke up as Johanna. Her new PRIME powers made her one of the strongest heroes in America.

Tags: Teenagers   Lesbian   Superhero   Science Fiction  

Hi I’m John Jones or was, It’s been sixteen years since the asteroid and virus hit the earth. Giving us PRIME with real super hero’s and villain’s. Since then the world is divided into Prime’s and normal’s. When you hit puberty, the virus affects your DNA. You can become a Prime, stay a normal, or just die in a puddle of goo.

Last week was my fourteenth birthday. I’m hoping my Prime kicks in soon, but I have what the doctors call late onset puberty. But I’m finally growing hairs around my, well you know where and my voice broke on my birthday, so it finally started. I’m hoping for some cool Prime powers like Seraph or Scion have. But will settle for anything even being a normal, as long as I don’t get the sex change thing. I can’t imagine being a girl, I mean hell I just figured out what my willie was really for.

I woke up kinda, still mostly asleep. I headed to the bathroom to start getting ready for the day. I plan on being lazy today. I only had five days until school started back. I reached into my shorts to pull out my willie and couldn’t find it, I screamed and passed out. Waking up I saw my mom looking down at me with a concerned look on her face.

“Mom I just had the worst dream, I dreamed I woke up a girl.” I told her.

She looked at me and asked “Just what is wrong with being a girl?”

“Nothing, I just don’t want to be one,” I said backtracking fast.

Mom got a pained look on her face, before she muttered what sounded like, “Oh dear, What do I do now.”

That surprised me Mom always knows what to do, Doesn’t she? I blew hair out of my face. Wait a minute, why is there hair in my face? Afraid of what I would find I reached up to the top of my head. Oh crap, I have tons of really soft hair. I immediately grabbed my chest, and was touching my first set of boobs, I have BOOBS I passed out again.

I woke up to Mom laughing, “Girl you need to quit that you’re too big now for me to move.”

I managed to stand up and realized, I towered over my mom now. I wondered what else had changed other than the obvious. Turning I looked in the mirror, Well to begin with I now had flaming red hair, green eyes, and freckles. Before I had blond hair, and blue eyes. I was also a lot taller, not sure how much taller.

Mom spoke up, “I’ll go to the store and get you some clothes just relax until I get back.” She then got her measuring tape out and measured me ever which away, before leaving.

I couldn’t help but wonder if I had gotten any more powers. But I didn’t know how to check for them, so I would have to wait until I could go to Hero’s League Inc. and get tested. But that would have to wait until Mom got back, since I couldn’t very well go outside since everything I owned would be so tight I might as well be naked.

I did figure out one thing while Mom was gone I wasn’t a speedster, I was a lot faster than I was before but not speedster level. I was a lot stronger as well. I could pick up all the weight’s in my set at once. It took Mom about two hours to get back.

“Honey, come look at all the lacy stuff I got you,” She caroled as she flew in the door with her arms full of bags.

“I hope you’re joking, Mom,” I called back blushing.

Turns out she was joking, she bought me a sports bra and plain cotton panties with jeans and a t-shirt. As I was changing I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, well if I was going to be a girl at least I looked damn good. Finishing changed I headed back out to Mom.

“I’ll have to call and make an appointment to get tested and register,” I reminded her, reaching for the phone. Mom just got the phone book and pointed out the number. I got an appointment for 2:00 o’clock that afternoon. Mom reminded me we still had to get me some shoes, before I went for it. ‘YAY’ shoe shopping with my mom for girls shoe’s.

At least she let me get tennis shoes, the other shoe dropped during lunch in the food court.

“You have to decide something, honey,” Mom started then paused, “What is your new name going to be, you can’t be John looking like that.”

“Um, I haven’t even thought about that,” I told her while thinking ‘Crap what the hell do I know about girl’s names’.

She appeared to be thinking before saying, “Well, If you had been born a girl. Your Father and I had picked Johanna, and with that name you could still answer to JJ.”

“That’s a good idea Mom, I like the idea of at least being able to stay JJ,” I told her, while looking around to make sure no one had overheard us.

Everything was ok until we started out of the mall, I had seen a few people I knew from school but none that knew what my mom looked like. As we started out the door, our neighbor Mrs. Atkins was walking in with her son Warren.

You have to understand something, Warren was your typical jock he played football and baseball. He was also a bully to the boy’s and a douchebag to the girl’s. But he acted like a perfect gentleman when adults were around. Mom knew this, she called him Eddie Haskel behind his back for some reason.

Mrs. Atkins smiled greeting Mom, “Hello, Mildred, how are you today, doing some shopping, eating out, or just out and about.”

And yes she said all that in one breath, I swear she only breathed right before she starts talking and when she finishes. But that would be impossible since she is always talking, I mean I’ve seen her talking to herself in her front yard even. Meanwhile Warren had noticed me standing there, and was leering at me when the adults couldn’t see him.

“No just getting JJ some new shoes,” Mom replied, showing her the bag with the shoe box in it.

Luckily, Mrs. Atkins didn’t make the connection with me being JJ. However I saw the change in Warren’s face. Crap it would be all over town before school started next week. Mrs. Atkins started to say something else, but I caught Mom’s eye and tapped my watch.

Mom interrupted her saying, “Sorry Lucy but I have an appointment I have to keep. I’ll see you later,” Mom started on to the car.

I started giggling when Mom burst out, “I swear, someone must fill her head with air at night the way she can talk without breathing.”

“Well Mom you know she is a trophy wife, just there for bragging rights and to pump up MR. Atkins ``EGO”,” I replied, making Mom start to giggle.

Still giggling we got into the car and headed across town for my appointment, Marksville used to be a small town on the edge of the Delta Brakes and the Red river, after the fall it is a larger town on the gulf shore. So it took us about thirty minutes to get there. Instead of the three it would have taken before.

The League office was located on the shore of the Red River on the north side of town. Mom claims it was designed by an insane man, or it drove him insane she isn’t sure which. I agree with her that it looks like a gold plantation house that covers three city blocks and is five stories tall. I’ve seen picture’s of other League offices and they while big are a lot more tastefully done, ours must drive them insane when they have to come here.

Once inside, it looked more like a modern office building that was a relief. There was a gift shop and cafe to your right, and a reception desk in the center with three people at it. Mom took my hand and walked up to the center receptionist.

He smiled and went into his standard greeting, “Hello, Welcome to Hero League Inc ... My name is Mike, how can I help you today.”

“Well, Mike, we have an appointment for registering and testing John Jones, “ Mom replied in a more business like voice than she normally uses.

Mike browsed through his computer for a moment and hit a button on his phone and muttered something before speaking, “I have the appointment here and I’ve called someone down to meet you, if you would have a seat by the elevators and they will be with you shortly.”

We hadn’t been sitting for very long, maybe five minutes when, a short man walked over and asked, “Are you here for the John Jones testing?”

I raised my hand, “I’m John Jones and yes my mom and I are here for my testing and registration,” I replied to him.

“Okay then, if you will follow me to my office we can get started,” he said while motioning us towards the elevators.

We went up to the fourth floor, then down a long hallway before getting to his office. Once inside he motioned us to have a seat, before sitting himself. He did some stuff on his computer before speaking, “Okay first things first, You obviously had a hermaphroditic response. Have you decided on a new name yet, I need to know for the registration part of the day.”

I looked at Mom before speaking, “Yes, It’s Johanna Jones.”

“Okay, Johanna Jones it is, now how old are you?” was his next question.

“I turned 14 last week, and woke up this way this morning,” I told him while blushing.

He made some entries on his computer “Okay now I need a picture,” he said pointing at a spot against the wall. I stood and tried to smile but was starting to get nervous about the testing part.

He motioned for me to sit back down, then said, “Your tester will be here in a few moments, so just relax.”

We sat there waiting for about fifteen minutes, before there was a knock at the door and it opened. A mini woman came in. I mean she was about three foot tall but was obviously a normal woman other than that. Walking over she looked at the man behind the desk and said, “I really wish your office was closer to the elevator William, it takes me forever to walk down here.”

Turning to me she greeted me, “Hi, I’m Betty I’ll be testing you today. Are you ready?”

I couldn’t stop myself from blushing, I had almost been caught staring at her perfect little butt while she had been facing William. I managed to nod my head and mumble, “I guess I’m as ready as I can be.”

She walked over to me before asking me, “I’m sorry but can you sit on the floor please? you’re a bit too tall for me to reach your head.”

I slid down and sat on the floor, Betty walked around behind me and put her hands on my head. She was humming at first then she squealed, before running around Williams desk. She grabbed his tie and yanked him down to her level to whisper in his ear. William looked annoyed at first then shocked before staring at me. I wondered just what she had found was I some kinda freak.

William, looking a bit shaken, shook his head before telling me, “Okay Johanna, we can’t do more here than class you as a T4. However we are sending you to Shreveport by helicopter right now so they can finish your test.”

All Mom and me either one could do was stare at him. He got up and headed to the door, “Please, follow me we have a helicopter on the roof waiting for you.”

Mom and I just kinda tagged along behind him, once on the roof there was a brand new Bell Jet ‘copter winding up. After reminding us to watch our heads William walked over to open its door for us. We climbed in and buckled our seat belts as one of the crew handed us headsets. After a bit of chatter between the pilot and someone on the radio we took off.

I looked at my mom and she had a strange look on her face. “Mom what do you think is going on, do you understand any of this?” I asked her, hoping she knew more than I did.

She looked at me and replied in a thoughtful tone, “Baby, I have no clue what is going on. I’m only a strong T3 myself, you have seen my power when I used to make water sculptures for you and your friends. But I’m sure it will be okay, it can’t be too bad or they wouldn’t have put us in such an expensive helicopter for the trip.”

Maybe she was right, we would know in a little over an hour one way or the other. All I could do was sit back and enjoy the flight. An hour and twenty minutes later we could see the state headquarters for the League in front of us. The one here looked so much more tasteful it looked like the old SuperDome from New Orleans We landed on the ground beside it but still on the property.

We were met by a man I considered to be the biggest ego in the world. I mean just his name says it all “The Saint”. Apparently he was the starting QB for the New Orleans Saints when the fall happened, lucky for him the team had been in Detroit for an away game. I guess he couldn’t be that bad or he wouldn’t have survived the shake up Seraph caused in the League a few years ago. But it did make me wonder why they had what might be the strongest hero in Louisiana here to meet me.

He held out his hand “I’m The Saint I’ll be guiding you to your test,” he said. My god you could hear the capital letters when he said his name.

Mom shook his hand before I did, I looked at him before asking, “What is going on, Why did I get sent here, and especially, why have you meet us?”

“I don’t know anything, I was told to meet Johanna Jones, her mom and take her to testing. That is you right?” he asked with a puzzled look.

“Yea that’s me but I just transformed this morning, when I went to my local chapter the tester had a fit and the next thing I know I’m on a helicopter here,” I told him.

He nodded “Well then follow me and maybe you can get this cleared up,” he responded turning toward the door. We followed him inside and up to the third floor. At least here the office was just outside the elevator bank. Knocking on the door we heard a woman’s voice say, “Come in.”

This woman was the opposite of Betty; she was at least seven foot tall. “Hello, Johanna? My name is Wilma,” she greeted me holding out her hand.

That was as far as she got before I busted out laughing. She got a confused look on her face and didn’t look happy. I finally managed to get myself under control so I could speak, “I’m sorry Wilma but my other tester was named Betty and when you said your name all I could think was where are Fred and Barney, I’m sorry,” I explained to her. She nodded then giggled herself.

She finally managed to say, “Okay I can understand why you would laugh about it. But now for serious matters, the reason you were sent here. When Betty in Marksville tested you she ran into a problem, Marksville has never had a lot of T3 or above. Betty is good at what she does but she has never encountered a T4 much less one like you before. She plain and simple had no idea what all power’s you have other than being invulnerable and super strength. However she could feel three more major powers in you.”

All I could do was stare at her five major powers, Scion and Miracle Girl, where the only one’s I had ever heard of with that many power’s. I glanced at Mom and she was sitting there with her mouth open. I wasn’t sure what to think, my mind was blank. Wilma got up approaching me, she placed her hands on my head.

She started muttering, “Hmm, I’ve never seen this combination of gift’s where they are all major one’s. I can see why Betty sent you here.” removing her hands she continued, “You do have five major powers, Invulnerable, strength, pyromancy, and transformation you have at all times the final one is dormant unless you transform, so you are a T4.9 easily.

I’m going to try and activate your transformation for you the first time, so let’s go to the gym since we don’t know what your transformation will entail.” She headed for the door motioning for us to join her.

We walked into the gym. It had about a thirty foot ceiling and basically a giant room with an oversized weight set and a half court basketball set up. Wilma walked up to me putting both hands on my head, the next thing I knew I was watching as she started tumbling towards the floor. I reached out and caught her wait a minute, she is seven foot tall but she fit in the palm of my hand. SHIT I must be least twenty foot tall.

“Wilma, are you ok?” I asked her in a voice that echoed around the gym, while looking at her sitting in my palm, she was pale but smiling.

“Bring me up so I can touch your forehead, I need to see what the latent power this released is,” she said somewhat calmly. I brought her up to my head and she touched me, “Ah it’s a bio talent, okay put me down before you change back, please.”

I gently placed my hand palm up on the floor, and Wilma stepped off. I tried to change back but didn’t know how. So I asked Wilma, “What do I have to do to change back?”

She thought for a second, “Try concentrating on what you looked like before,” she answered me hopefully.

I closed my eyes picturing the me I saw in the mirror this morning. This time I felt the change so knew I could change by myself next time. I could see as soon as I opened my eyes, I saw reflections of me in the gym mirrors, only one problem I was!NAKED! I jumped behind a weight set while trying to cover my bit’s and pieces. Mom ran to stand in front of me helping me to hide. Wilma took off towards the massage rooms coming back seconds later with a big robe. Apparently she has some speedster power’s herself.

After she handed me the robe and I put it on. Wilma and Mom exchanged a look, before starting to laugh. Mom looked at me and said with a grin, “You realize you were naked when you were twenty foot tall as well, my darling girl.”

Here I was thinking I couldn’t blush any more than I already was, well I was wrong. Leave it to a Mom to be able to embarrass her kids, I just hid my face in my hands, while shaking my head no she did not just point that out. Wilma just giggled looking at the expression on my face.

Wilma got control of her giggles and started talking while motioning for us to join her, “Okay now that we have that out of the way let’s go into a different room to test your pyromancy.”

This room was bare with what looked like steel walls, and a ten foot ceiling. There were scorch marks on some of the wall’s, one looked a lot like the outline of a person. That outline kinda had me worried, but Wilma took Mom and herself out of the room before I did anything.

I heard the crackle of a speaker, “Johanna this is Wilma, I want you to do like you did earlier to shrink back down. Except I want you to try and picture flames, whatever you normally think about when you think of fire.”

I did but at first nothing was happening, then I felt something in my hand. Opening my eyes I saw I was holding a flaming sword, it looked molten even down to drops of fire falling off but they vanished before they hit the ground. I decided to test my sword on the wall, It barely even slowed down cutting through the steel wall. I heard Wilma over the speaker asking me to not do that again, and to try and put it away. So I closed my eyes and thought about it being gone and it was.

The door opened and Mom came in “Come on, we need to finish up so we can get home. After all we still have to get you some new school clothes and get with the school to let them know about you and only have four days to do so.”

We followed Wilma back to her office, with a stop by the gift shop to get me some clothes. I couldn’t help thinking this is the third time today I’ve been sitting in an office wondering what this all means.

Wilma started off with, “We have you registered as Johanna Jones, a female six foot three inches tall. Rating level T4 I want to show you a video of yourself when you transformed it may help you come up with a code name for yourself.”

She hit some buttons on her desk and the entire wall lit up, it showed me going from my new self to a twenty foot tall woman with giant wings the same color as my hair. One thing about it when my body was twenty foot tall I noticed some things I hadn’t paid attention to before, I was bald down there what the hell I had finally started growing hair there as a boy and now it was all gone. I also admitted to myself at least if I was stuck having a pussy at least I had a pretty one.

Wilma just looked at me funny as Mom burst out laughing. Wilma grinned and asked me, “I don’t think you meant to say that last part out loud did you?”

Oh crap, did I just say I had a pretty pussy out loud in front of my MOM. Just kill me now, please, pretty please with sugar on top. Well I didn’t fall over dead so I guess I’ll have to live with it ‘cause I know my mom will be teasing me about it the rest of my life.

“Ok, what is twenty foot tall with wings and a flaming sword?” I asked Mom and Wilma both, while looking back and forth between them.

Mom just had to get a dig in, “And don’t forget a pretty pussy.”

Wilma fell out of her chair she was laughing so hard, she finally picked herself up from the floor before stating, “I haven’t had this much fun at a testing in years, but on a serious note I can only think of one thing I’ve ever heard of that matches most of that. Historically what I’m thinking about has always been portrayed as male, But I think it fits you anyways. What do you think about the codename Archangel?” she finished with a questioning tone.

“Only one problem I can see is that this state already has The Saint. Can it and he handle an Archangel?” I asked not really sure how mister ego would handle that.

Wilma thought about her answer for a second before responding, “The State can handle it as for The Saint he had better be able to handle it. Since you will be in the junior corp for two years at least. So you will only be around him for training. However that does bring us to our problem, there is no one in Marksville able to train you. The best they have is a semi high ranked T3, and your mom is stationed there because of her hydromancy so she has to stay there.”

I gaped at my Mom, she sighed before she said, “Yes, I am on call with the League but only for natural disasters and such. But I don’t consider myself a hero, I consider myself a mom before anything else.” I went and hugged her, she looked like she needed it.

Wilma looked thoughtful then said as she was walking out the door, “Wait here for a few minutes while I go talk to some people, I’ll be right back.”

Looking at Mom I had to ask, “What do you think, are they going to make us move or what?”

Mom responded as she rubbed her chin, “No I don’t see that happening like Wilma said I am assigned to Marksville for a reason and that hasn’t changed. So I’m not sure what they will do.”

About an hour later Wilma returned handing Mom and me a piece of paper. She sat behind her desk before she started speaking. “The paper you are holding is your training schedule Johanna, As you can see it alternates weekends between you coming here to train with the LJHC (League Junior Hero Corp) here and them coming to Marksville to train with you there. Right now we only have four members in our LJHC other than you Johanna. Mrs. Jones can you put up five people in your home every other weekend, one of them will be an adult hero there to train the LJHC members.”

Mom had to stop and think before asking, “Are the LJHC members all girls or a mix of both? Because that will make a difference, in whether I can house all of them or not I only have a three bedroom house.”

Wilma worked on her computer for a second, “Counting Johanna there are three girls and 2 boys.”

Mom stared off into space for a moment, “My current house will not work. I need at least two more bedrooms, and at least three bedrooms.” she stated.

I got to thinking, was there a house that big in Marksville, Mom apparently was way ahead of me asking Wilma, “Does your computer have internet on it and if it does can you look up real estate in Marksville?”

Wilma started looking, changing it so that the wall was her monitor. She stopped at one house, “This is the only one in Markville that meets your requirements, it actually has six bedrooms and 3 and a half bathroom’s. Only problem is it’s located right on the beach so the price is kinda high, at 3.5 million.”

Mom just smiled “I’ll take it, after I get a chance to inspect it of course. Can you set me an appointment to see it this afternoon online or do I need to call them.”

Wilma and I both just stared at her. My mom was talking about 3.5 million dollars like she had it hidden under the couch cushions. Mom looked at me, I could tell she didn’t want to talk about it here. I gave her a small nod before looking back at Wilma.

She tapped a few more buttons then smiled, “You will have to wait til tomorrow morning to view it, I have you an appointment for 10:00 AM.” She said as she printed out the listing and the appointment info, before handing them to Mom.

“As for you Miss Johanna Jones AKA Archangel, here is your LJHC registration card. The trainer and others will be coming to you the first weekend, they will explain the benefits and protections you now have with you then. I know your mom is wanting to take you shopping so lets get y’all on a flight home.” She said handing me my new card and heading out the door.

We boarded the same ‘copter for the ride home that we arrived in, an hour and a half later we were back on the roof of the eye sore that was our local League office. Betty and William met us as we got out of the helicopter, I showed them my new card. Betty was about to burst it looked like.

As soon as we got on the elevator where it was quiet she started asking questions, “What powers did you have? I could see five major power’s, but the only one I knew what it was and that was pyromancy.” She was almost babbling. She was so excited.

So I listed them for her, “Invulnerable, super strength, pyromancy, transformation, and bio but only when transformed”

William and her both just stopped and stared at me. Finally William asked, “Are they going to move you somewhere, cause we don’t have anyone able to train you here?”

Mom answered for me, “No the LJHC from Shreveport will be coming here with a trainer every other weekend, the weekend they aren’t here she will go there.”

William and Betty both smiled and nodded, probably because that meant they didn’t have to train me. Once we hit the ground floor Mom politely told them we had a million things to do and not a lot of time to do it.

After we got in the car Mom said, “I know the shop we need to go to for a lot of your clothes and it’s right down the street.” She took off and drove about eight blocks before pulling into a strip mall of all places.

I looked at the signs on the stores and the only one that looked interesting was called Ye Olde Costume Shoppe. Surely she didn’t mean to buy my school clothes from there did she? But that is where Mom headed without even a pause. When she opened the door an old fashioned bell rang, and I heard a voice from the back “I’ll be right with you.”

Looking around it looked like Halloween had exploded, or come here to die I’m not sure which. A woman that looked like she was trying out for the part of gypsy queen in a play came through a door in the back. I was still staring at her when I heard my mom.

“Maddy, How are you.” Mom gushed at the gypsy who I guess was named Maddy.

Maddy gathered my Mom up in a hug, before laying a kiss on her that had me blushing to see it. Mom pulled away fanning her face, I noticed she was blushing as well.

“Mildred it’s been ages, what brings you to my humble shop?” Maddy finally said, while looking at me.

Mom replied “My daughter needs clothes for school and training, she just got tested and registered. Only problem is one of her power’s is a growth transformation so anytime she uses it, what she is wearing gets trashed. So she needs breakaway clothing.”

Maddy looked at me before asking, “How much does she grow, I have some fabrics that can stretch to 100 times the size they start at would those not work?”

I looked at her before answering, “I grow to be twenty foot tall and my body build stays the same so just imagine me 14 feet taller but still looking like this except for the giant wings on my back.”

Maddy stood there tapping her teeth with her fingernail before declaring, “I’m Maddy I have yet to see a hero I couldn’t make look good, come follow me.”

I was beginning to think Maddy was nut’s, but Mom was following her so I got my butt in gear and followed as well. The back of the shop looked like even more of a disaster than the front did. I saw Maddy and Mom holding the elevator for me, wait a minute this building was only one story tall. I hurried over and got in. I had to see where this was going. The elevator went down, Um I grew up around here and the only thing down around here was water.

When the door opened, lights came on and I was amazed. I was standing in a cavern with at least a fifty foot ceiling. Maddy directed me to a circle on the floor. “Okay dear, it’s just us girls here so strip and let Maddy get to work,” was all she said to me.

I looked at Mom and she just nodded at me. So for the first time as a girl I stripped instead of having my clothes shredded. Once I did I was standing there kinda hunched over trying to hide myself.

Maddy walked over and started giving me orders, “Stand up straight girly, spread your legs and arms out.”

As soon as I got in that position what looked like a laser scanned my body. Maddy moved me into several positions including squatting with my legs spread, and twisting myself up like a pretzel. In each one I got scanned again, then she had me transform and go through all of it again. Apparently by the time I was done I was all out of blushes.

Mom held out a robe for me to wear. She cleared her throat, “I’ve known Maddy since college, and while she is a nut. She is also the best clothing designer I have ever met, she could be making million’s. Instead she considers it her job to make hero’s look good.”

 
There is more of this story...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.