The Keeper and the Dragons - Cover

The Keeper and the Dragons

Copyright© 2023 by Charly Young

Chapter 36

Centralmarket

Elisabeth and the others stood at the border between the Centralmarket and Eastmarket and watched somberly as the two dragons methodically destroyed nearly a quarter of the Eastmarket District.

She tried her best to not dwell on the plight of the poor beings caught in the Bailong’s cleansing. Gout after gout of dragon fire rained down causing a firestorm so hot that she imagined she could feel it from miles away. One more sight to flavor memories of the so-called adventure she was now thoroughly heart sick of.

Katrinka whimpered, her face buried in Katherine’s shoulder. She had been inconsolable ever since she and Wraith had emerged from the catacombs of the Desolate.

“Do you think he got away?”

“I don’t know, honey,” Katherine said. “But if anyone could have escaped from that it’s Lachlan Quinn.

Wraith nodded. “He’s gotten out of worse places than that.”

“I feel like we should search for him, but where? That place is going to be hot for a long time.”

Elisabeth knew in her heart of hearts that he was gone. Nothing could have survived that conflagration.

“I’m going home,” she blurted. “My job here is done. I’m sick of this adventure. I really, really hate this place.”

“We might as well all go,” Katherine said sadly. “Lan wouldn’t thank us for getting Katrinka in any more sketchy situations. It’s time to go. We can leave word with that tavern so Lan can follow as soon as he’s able.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.