The Keeper and the Dragons - Cover

The Keeper and the Dragons

Copyright© 2023 by Charly Young

Chapter 40

Northmarket District, Oldtown

The rooms in the rear of the Oracles Pawn Shop were vastly different from the clutter of the front.

All was peaceful here. The decor and ambiance would not have been out of place in a Zen Buddhist ashram.

The female, that all called the Oracle, regarded the rooms as the key to her long life.

When an emerald cloud of a being coalesced above her carefully raked white sand garden, she did as she always did when the White Lord of the Annwfn Realm came to visit.

She fell to her knees and bowed her head.

“Greetings, great lord.”

“How goes your mission, daughter.”

“The boy has triumphed. The thinning has been aborted. My sources say its creator has been dealt with. The dragon and his spawn buried the shamefulness of it beneath in a hundred feet of glassed salt-rock and rubble.”

The shadowy being nodded.

“And my son?”

“He is damaged severely, my lord. I fear the Vísdómur have overtaxed him. He holds to his sanity by the thinnest of threads.”

“He will be fine daughter. He is far stronger than he knows. Unfortunately, he is flawed, born soft with too much empathy from his mother’s side. He must be hardened for the tasks to come. We must hammer his weakness into iron.”

“As you will, great Lord. Does the time draw near when I may come home? This life drags on my soul.”

“Soon my daughter,” his rumbling voice was gentle. “Very soon”

Note from the Author:

I sure hope you enjoyed my story. I am working on book three which is titled “Keeper’s Justice”.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.