A Christmas Gift - Cover

A Christmas Gift

Copyright© 2021 by DB86

Chapter 2

“Sis, I’ve been thinking about what Mom said about Grace and me ... And I think she might be right. I still don’t trust myself when it comes to relationships so I’m going to take her advice. I want to prepare something special for Grace for Christmas. I need some ideas.”

“You came to the right place, big Bro,” Landon’s sister Callie said flexing her hands and making her fingers crack. “I’ve read every romance novel written in the last ten years, watched every romantic movie, and sat in the wings of life longingly watching couples that are in love.”

“Your moment will come Callie ... Look at me. I never thought I would find love again,” Landon squeezed his sister’s hand. “So, what does the expert suggest?”

Landon’s baby sister opened her laptop and started typing.

“We need a carriage ... and flowers, of course, red roses. You’ll be wearing a tuxedo and she’ll be wearing a beautiful dress. There must be romantic music playing...”

“Sis, I think you are thinking about Pretty Woman. I’m not Richard Gere, I can’t afford any of that...”

“Let your imagination fly, Bro. We’ll have time to tone things down to match your budget. Where were we? Oh yes ... the carriage. Then, you’ll take her to a fancy restaurant...”

“There is only one restaurant in Middletown, The Jammed.”

“Not the most romantic name, but I guess that it’ll have to do. You had your first date there, right?”

“I wouldn’t call having a flashback a first date.”

“She held your hand...”

“It was more like I crushed her hand while I was trying to regain control of my mind...”

“Details, details ... Then, she looked at you in the eye and said that she cared for you and wanted to help you,” Callie let out a long sigh. “Soooo, romantic!”

“Trust me, Sis, it was anything but romantic. Try scary instead.”

“You’re spoiling the mood, Bro. You obviously need my help.”

Landon rolled his eyes. “Okay, go on. What’s next in our dream date?”

“I was thinking you could invite her to a special Christmas dinner, in the same restaurant where you had your first date,” Callie went on.

“It wasn’t a date!”

“Women know best. If you ask Grace she’ll tell you it was. What if we write an email to the manager of the restaurant, explaining our idea to him? What was it called, again?”

“The Jammed.”

Callie’s fingers finger flew over the keyboard of her laptop.

“Here it is ... The Jammed ... It doesn’t look bad. It certainly has potential,” Callie said checking the restaurant’s webpage pictures. “It looks cozy. And ... here it is ... Contact us...”

Landon shook his head and let his sister go on. There was no harm in dreaming.

Callie opened the email and started to type. Landon read over his sister’s shoulder, changing some words, and adding some details or additional information here and there when needed. He twisted his mouth at some lines, especially the sappy ones, but he let his sister go. She was enjoying herself.

When they both were satisfied with the result, Callie cleared her throat and read aloud.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.