A Christmas Gift - Cover

A Christmas Gift

Copyright© 2021 by DB86

Chapter 4

Landon forgot about the email and tried frantically to think of some other way to show Grace how much he loved her and convince her that she should spend the rest of her life with him.

All his ideas seemed inadequate compared to the original one.

Some days later, Callie let out a whoop of excitement. “They answered our email, Landon! They answered our email!”

Landon sat at his sister’s side, took a deep breath and asked, “Did they say we are crazy?” his heart was pounding hard.

“Shut up, you Grinch! I’ll read their answer to you.”

Dear Mr. Petersen,

Your charming email has been receiving some attention from our staff here You stole the hearts of all who read it.

On the day of your choice, at exactly twenty minutes to 6pm, a carriage will pick you up from your cabin for an enjoyable horse-powered journey to Grace McAllister’s place. Two dozen of roses will be ready on your seat.

The carriage will take both of you to our establishment. The utmost attention will be given to you two when you arrive.

We have reserved you our most exclusive and romantic table. A string quartet will be booked to play a selection of the greatest love songs of all time.

Just for fun, I am going to attach the reply from our chef, the famous Tony Marino.

ANTIPASTI

Italian Parma Prosciutto with soft stracchino cheese and panzerotti fritters.

PIATTI PRINCIPALI

Linguine with lobster and cherry tomato sauce

DOLCE

A trio of chocolate ganache cheesecake, Torta della Nonna and bomboloni.

At exactly five minutes to midnight, the string quartet will play ‘A thousand years’ and that will be your cue to propose to your lovely girlfriend.

The carriage is on us, but the ring will be on you, of course.

We are aware that the cost of such an event will be out of your budget.

Frankly, we think it is entirely unnecessary to spend so much money. We would be happy to make a reservation for you at a very nice table, the best of attention, flowers, and you and your girlfriend order directly from the menu whatever intrigues you.

You certainly can have a couple of cocktails and a very nice dinner and a bottle of champagne for one-third of what the other idea would cost. We could play the song you chose on our sound system.

However, you are the only one who can make the decision, so let me know how you would like to have us arrange your special day.

Best wishes,


Cordially yours,

Red Harding,

Co-owner and Manager.

P.S. I think your delightful email inspired our personnel.

“It was a stupid idea anyway!” Landon exclaimed throwing his arms up.

“Sorry, Bro.”

“Looking back I think our email was presumptuous. The manager of the most famous restaurant in the zone and the best chef in the state were certainly not going to be interested in the love life of an obscure soldier with PTSD. The email is now probably in the recycle bin where it belongs.”

“Why don’t you pick the cheaper option? It doesn’t sound too bad.”

“It wouldn’t be the same. Instead of a big night, it would be a cheap night.”

“I’m sure Grace wouldn’t mind. She’s a simple girl, she’ll love whatever you do for her. It’s the intention that counts.”

“I know. And you’re right. But it’s truly frustrating not being able to give her the magic evening that she deserves. She did a lot for me and I would have loved to give her back something truly special in return.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.