Volume II of Legacy: Those Who Are Fallen, Part 2 - Cover

Volume II of Legacy: Those Who Are Fallen, Part 2

Copyright© 2023 by Uruks

Chapter 35: And the Promise of More to Come

And then, there is a nothingness that goes perhaps even deeper than the Shadow Realm itself. He is its source, the Desolate One ... born from shadows, and now their ruler. He will be the end of everything, even darkness itself. Know this. You will have the chance to save but one person from this fate. In all this, I fear that just as the Hamashes were our bane in the past, so too will their heir be your undoing in the future.

Squad 99 had gathered outside of the medical tent waiting for Grafael to wake up. Ryan knew he would wake up. He was Grafael T’Macor. He could wake up after getting knocked out by a nuke. Still, the big guy did have him worried for a while, especially when he heard that Grafael fully transformed into a Berserker.

But he came back, Ryan told to himself. That means it can’t be that bad. So maybe I’m okay too, right?

Torsha caught sight of Ryan first, looking past him and Kormal curiously. “Where’s that Mozar guy? I didn’t get the chance to thank him for saving me and Tork?”

“I think he flew away in a giant tooth or something,” Ryan answered.

Torsha sighed. “Figures. First of my own kind I ever meet, and he flakes out on me. Was it too much to ask for-”

“Attention!” called out a strong voice.

The one who called out was the Wielder Victor Harock, announcing the arrival of the Fire Minister with a full contingent of Fourths behind her.

Ryan and the rest of Squad 99 stood at attention awaiting the Fire Minister. Torsha, not being an Elemental, simply took a knee and bowed. Rachel remained stationary within her medical tube that floated nearby, but she gave a respectful salute. Rachel’s dad also accompanied Saria, fidgeting with some gadgets. When he saw Torsha bow, the doctor fumbled for a moment, and then nervously knelt himself.

Saria groaned and yanked Lanchester up by the scruff of his shirt with one hand. “At ease, Squad 99.”

Ryan and the others relaxed, and Torsha came to her feet.

Saria looked to Torsha with an unreadable expression. “Young Monk. I’ve received a curious request from your superior. Hannah Lioness wishes for you to remain with Squad 99 here as an envoy of the Monastery for the time being.”

Torsha gasped in surprise. “R-really? I don’t ... This is really sudden ... I ... I don’t know ... Do you really want me to stay, Lady Minister?”

Saria smiled disarmingly. It was perhaps the friendliest mood Ryan had ever seen her in. “Given how well you served my Elementals, I would be most agreeable to the opportunity. Besides, I’ve recently come to better appreciate our unique relationship with the Monastery. I’d like to strengthen those bonds with your help, young Monk. But the decision is yours.”

Torsha shook her head, looking overwhelmed. “I...”

She then turned behind her as if seeking her teammates’ approval.

“It’s my policy never to say no to a new friend ... unless she asks me to jump off a flying Ferris Wheel again,” Ryan said encouragingly. “Besides. I kinda wanna get you back for all the times you picked on me.”

Tork stepped forward. He looked embarrassed as his wings sagged, but also hopeful. “You know my answer ... you know my heart is for you,” he said softly.

Éclair also spoke up surprisingly. She had to lean against a metal crutch to stand upright, but she still managed to look strong. “I, for one, would consider it a privilege.”

Torsha gaped at her a moment and said, “You really mean that, Éclair?”

Éclair nodded and smiled sweetly. “I do.”

Torsha’s posture eased and she said, “Thanks. Also ... ya know ... sorry for-”

“Yeah, me too,” conceded Éclair. “I find that often I have to butt heads with someone before I can bond with them.”

Torsha chuckled. “Well, then ... here’s to future headbutting.”

Torsha turned back to Saria and gave a curtsy. “My Lady Fire Minister. It would be an honor to continue to serve you.”

Saria gave a slight nod of respect. “The honor is ours, I can assure you.”

“On that note, I was wondering if I could spend some ... some time at the Fire Ministry myself, Lady Minister,” interjected Dr. Lanchester as he glanced at Rachel. “I’ve already requested a leave of absence from my lab back in District One. There are many theories with Elemency I wished to experiment with. It could lead to some breakthroughs with psionic technology. B-but ... w-with your permission, of course, Lady Fire Minister.”

Saria stared long and hard at Lanchester. Then her face softened and she said, “Call me Saria.”

Lanchester fiddled his fingers expectantly, and then finally asked, “Is ... is that a yes?”

Saria rolled her eyes. “Oh, for the love of God. Yes, it’s a ‘yes’, Lanchester.”

Lanchester then hugged the Minister of Fire. Everyone gasped in surprise, none more loudly than Rachel.

Saria actually looked a little embarrassed as she stood stiffly with a confused expression. When Lanchester released the hug, she cleared her throat and gave him an awkward tap on the shoulder.

As Saria turned to leave, Ryan realized something a little pressing that needed to be addressed. “Wait, Saria!”

The Fire Minister turned back to him, raising an eyebrow.

Feeling slightly self-conscious, Ryan said, “Oh, sorry. I guess I don’t get the first-name basis yet. But seriously. What about the last phase of the exams?”

Saria clicked her tongue. “That’s right. I almost forgot. Ryan. Éclair. You’re both Seconds now. Congratulations.”

Ryan and Éclair went stiff in disbelief. The Minister had said it so casually that it took a moment to sink in.

“Did ... did I just hear her right?” Éclair stuttered, looking to Ryan.

“R-really?” asked Ryan as he stared at the Minister. “Just like that ... but ... but ... the Final Phase?”

Saria grinned mischievously. “You already completed the final phase and passed, at least as far as your instructors were concerned at the time. Those who make it to Final Phase of the exam are tested on how well they prepare for the last phase. Your instructors watched you train and were able to determine from that whether you possessed the power and discipline to become Seconds.”

Ryan glanced at Torsha, and she shrugged. “Honestly, I thought you were on to me. I’m not exactly good at lying. Kinda comes with the territory of being a Monk.”

“It wouldn’t have made a difference if you did discover the deception. Telepaths were monitoring your thought patterns. Your memories would’ve been erased anyway so that you could continue the Final Phase without prior knowledge,” explained the Minister as if a brainwipe was as commonplace as a haircut.

Ryan rubbed his temple. Getting real nervous about the number of people that can mess with my brain nowadays.

Saria continued. “When the day came that you were told the final exam occurred, all that would transpire was a customary ceremony in which the passing candidates would be announced and give a brief display of Elemency. But under the circumstances, you can probably see why such a ceremony will have to be postponed. The other passing candidates will receive notifications as well. That also gives me cause to make another announcement.”

Ryan looked at Éclair for a moment, and they both grinned and shared a laugh of triumph.

Saria then looked passed Éclair and Ryan to Leon and Rachel who sat in the back. “Leon. Rachel. You’re both being recommended for the highest tier in the Third-Level Placement Exams.”

Leon didn’t respond, but Rachel did as she gasped in astonishment, She tried to get up from her medical tube, though found that she lacked the strength. “My Lady Minister. Leon maybe. But I haven’t completed my preliminary requirements. So please, don’t play favorites for my sake.”

“Stow that talk, Second!” said the Minister with a sudden harshness. “I never play favorites. This is a recommendation from the Viceroy himself who said you protected him along with other dignitaries. They described your skills as exemplary. For your sake, I hope they are not exaggerating. I expect you at the appropriate training hall in a week’s time. Do not be late.”

Before Rachel could respond, the Fire Minister turned her back and left with the rest of her guards, their golden capes fluttering in the breeze.

Dr. Lanchester lumbered forward and scooped up Rachel in an exuberant hug. “That’s my Little Bunny! Just as strong as your mother!”

Rachel returned her father’s hug, closing her eyes in contentment as she rubbed her nose against his shoulder. While holding her father, she stared after Saria’s back for a moment, and then smiled.

Éclair saw Ryan snap his fingers in frustration.

“Darn! I forgot to ask for leave to go to Gackbar! Come on, pops!” he said, running after Saria with Kormal trailing awkwardly behind.

Éclair stared after Ryan and shook her head. Did he just call a Sage ‘pops’? I swear I’ll never understand that boy.

Just as she was getting impatient for an update on Grafael, one of the medics came out of the tent. “He’s awake, now. He’s asking for you.”

Éclair blew out a sigh of relief as she put a hand to her chest.

“Everyone, he’s okay,” she called out.

A ring of cheers rang amongst her friends in Squad 99.

“He’ll want to see you first, no doubt,” Leon said. “We’ll all have our time with him soon enough. Give the big brute our best.”

Eclair nodded her appreciation, her chest already heaving with emotion. “Thank you, Leon.”

Éclair hobbled into the tent still leaning on her crutch for support. Medics buzzed around Grafael’s body, poking and prodding him with all manner of equipment. Éclair would’ve liked to check his condition herself, but she was far too exhausted to be much help medically.

Éclair cleared her throat, and the medics looked up from their work as she asked, “Could you give us a moment?”

The lead medic, a female Elemental, said understandingly, “I think that can be allowed.”

As the medics left, Grafael looked up to Éclair from his bed. He was bare-chested as the blanket couldn’t cover his bulky frame fully. His blue-scaled chest rose and fell with the rhythm of his breathing. Shallow, but steady. Grafael was always steady, that much Éclair could count on for as long as she’d known him.

Grafael smiled wanly, weakly lifting a huge, clawed hand towards her. “Protectorate,” he whispered.

His arm shook from the effort of lifting it. This was the weakest Éclair had ever seen him, and it made her heart tremble.

She took his large hand with both of her own, caressing his fingers softly. “You came back to me. I knew you would.”

“You brought me back. That much I remember,” he whispered hoarsely. Then he grimaced. “The Berserker ... I let myself transform to fight off the enemy. How did you...”

Éclair shook her head. “I-I don’t completely know. I just had a theory and I acted on it. But it wasn’t ... it wasn’t completely based on Medical Elemency, that much is certain. However, I know I can repeat the process if I need to. In time, perhaps I may even develop a permanent remedy with a little study. So no more talk of committing suicide. You hear me? I won’t stand for it any longer!”

A single tear trailed down Grafael’s cheek.

Seeing his distress, Éclair rubbed his tear away. “Grafy, whatever’s wrong now?”

“You brought me back from madness. No Berserker has ever been able to reclaim himself after transforming. This means ... this means that all my dreams live again. They live inside you. Thank you for coming back for me.”

Éclair smiled. “It was only for my sake that you delved into madness in the first place. So of course I came back. You would’ve done the same for me. You have done the same ... time and time again.”

Éclair then tickled Grafael’s soft spot under his chin. Grafael chuckled, and then immediately groaned in pain.

“Oh. Sorry. That was careless of me. I shouldn’t make you laugh.”

“No. I wish to laugh. There’s a great many things I wish to do now. So much is possible now. This day changes everything.”

“Grafy,” started Éclair hesitantly. “About ... about what happened with Ryan.”

Grafael’s smile faded and his face became sorrowful. “Ryan protected you from me when I was in the grips of insanity. He kept his word and earned my trust ... and more besides. I swear I will never attack him again ... unless in training or to defend myself should he truly transform. But with all that has happened, perhaps I need not fear the Berserker Strain any longer, not even from Ryan. However, if you or he cannot forgive me, I understand.”

Éclair inhaled deeply, cocking her head to the side as she considered. “Well, it is a lot to take in. Given the ferocity of your transformation, I can understand your reasoning a little better now. Still, your solution was far too drastic for my liking.”

Éclair chuckled. “But for Ryan, I imagine he won’t take it quite as personally as I did. Besides, I think everyone’s tried to kill him at least once at this point. He’s just a little aggravating in that way.”

Grafael’s face grew anxious. “But, protectorate, can you ... can you forgive-”

Éclair silenced him as she rubbed the spikes on top of his scaly head and gave him a small kiss on his forehead. “Ask for Ryan’s forgiveness first, then we’ll talk.”

As if summoned, Ryan peeked his head into the tent, looking as dumb and earnest as ever. “Is he awake?”

Éclair chuckled to herself. “Perfect timing, Ryan. Grafael has something he’d like to discuss with you.”

Éclair patted Grafael one last time on his shoulder before slowly shuffling away on her crutch. As she passed Ryan, she drew herself in close to his ear. “Let him say everything he needs to say first. He is very ashamed, and he needs to know his apology is taken in the light that it needs to be taken in. I won’t ask you not to think any less of him, because I know such judgement is not in you. You’re his brother. You know he means well.”

Ryan looked at Éclair curiously, then back to Grafael.

As Éclair left the tent, the others gathered around expecting an answer.

“He’ll be fine. He just needs some rest.”

Everyone’s postures relaxed visibly as they went about with various discussions. Torsha leaned under Tork’s arm, who was still limping slightly himself. The Werewolf looked back to Grafael’s tent, her ears cocked to the side in a curious manner.

“I don’t know why I care so much after what he tried to pull. It helps that I know why he did it, and he did a lot to help us during the battle. I guess I...”

Éclair nodded in understanding. “A Saurian’s purity is difficult to ignore.”

The young Werewolf maiden looked up at Tork adoringly. “I think all Dragons are kinda like that.”

Tork smiled down at her wanly as they limped away together.

Éclair noticed Kormal standing beside the tent entrance muttering to himself with his arms crossed while tapping his foot in annoyance. “First he makes me wait to get my daughter back. Then he makes me wait on him for everything else. Go to Grafael, then go to the Minister, then go back to Grafael, and then finally go to Gackbar. He is going to treat me like this forever, isn’t he? No, I will not call that boy ‘master’, I don’t care how much it will make you laugh, beloved.”

Everyone I meet these days is so ... so very strange, thought Éclair to herself.

That’s when Éclair’s eyes caught Leon’s. He was watching her as he stood apart from everyone else. Something in his eyes drew her in. There seemed to be some kind of unspoken invitation in his bearing. A message he felt he needed to convey. She wasn’t quite sure if it was his telepathy at work in her at that moment, nor did she care either way.

She approached him slowly in her weakened state, and Leon met her halfway so she wouldn’t have to go the full distance. They stood and regarded one another for a few moments in silence.

Then Leon said simply, “You did well.”

Éclair tried not to blush at the compliment as she held an arm behind her back. “We all did. I’m just glad that somehow, we all made it out of this alive. Others weren’t so fortunate.”

“No. They weren’t. But that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t enjoy such fortune when it comes.”

Éclair waited expectantly, feeling like Leon was leading up to something.

Leon drew in a deep breath. “Éclair, I think I’ve come to a decision.”

“Hmm. Tell me.”

“I began my studies into Elemency for purely prosaic motives. I wished for nothing but the acquisition of power. And now, I have acquired power. Furthermore, I am on my way to acquiring more. But I find that the pursuit of strength can no longer fulfill me completely.”

Leon sighed. “That sounded terrible, didn’t it?”

Éclair shook her head, quite enjoying herself as she made a motioning gesture with her fingers. “No. It’s good. Keep going. I feel like we’re leading up to something important with this.”

He chuckled, giving one of those rare Lurranna smiles of his. “What I’m trying to say is that acquiring power simply for the sake of power is meaningless without someone to share it with. Someone worth sharing it with.”

Leon then cupped Éclair’s chin with his fingers. Éclair felt her skin prickle with pleasure at the touch.

“Éclair, you are wonderous. If I haven’t said so enough, then blast me for a fool.”

Éclair smiled. “See. I told you it was leading somewhere good.”

Leon leaned down and gave Éclair her first kiss. It was every bit as good as she imagined it would be.

Leon remembered during the dance when Éclair asked him why he had joined the Fire Ministry. He didn’t have the heart to tell her his real motives. The real reason he rescued her all those years ago was because he was told of her true heritage and he wanted to use her as a tool to get revenge against the Emperor. However, he hadn’t anticipated how she would utterly entrance him. Éclair Hamashe, a member of the royal family whom the Lurrannas despised, had bewitched him, heart and soul, the moment he set eyes on her.

Even as he processed his growing emotions for her, he wasn’t sure that with everything he had endured, if he was truly capable of caring for another person. But now, Leon knew in that moment that he could care about someone. He was unnaturally fascinated with Éclair right from the start all those years ago when the Light Wielder sent him to find her in that Morlock Slave Camp. He didn’t think he could care for anyone as much as he cared for Lucille, but he cared for Éclair ... maybe even more so. At least he was able to choose Éclair, unlike Lucille who was chosen for him.

The plan is paying off, Leon thought to himself. From the moment I saw her, I knew I had to possess her. Somehow, I knew it. But I couldn’t let her know how deeply my obsession went. I needed to be sure. I needed to draw her in by acting standoffish. But now I am sure. Now, at long last ... she is mine.

And what of your ambitions to use her to get revenge against Chissler? said the voice in the darkness. Leon still didn’t know if the voice came from somewhere deep in his subconscious. A part of him wondered if the voice was the ghost of his father haunting him from beyond the grave.

Refusing to let the dark voice dampen the mood, Leon leaned deeper into the kiss with Éclair, who sighed contentedly as she ran a hand through his hair.

I honestly don’t see my plan to avenge myself against Chissler by setting her up as Empress interfering with our relationship, answered Leon to the voice in the dark. In fact, it might even be better this way. When the time is right, Éclair and I will depose Chissler and rule the Empire together. In a way, my father’s aspirations for me will come true, just not the way he intended.

And your father’s warning? asked the voice in the darkness.

I don’t care about that. So he left me a journal telling me that I would meet a Hamashe. So what? The Lurrannas and Hamashes are sometimes granted visions of the distant future, but said visions often proved largely inaccurate. Éclair confirmed that when she herself was given a vision of Ryan’s life being threatened, but said portent proved false. Besides, my father was obviously deranged when he wrote that journal. He actually believed that he was a disembodied spirit in the Shadow Realm. Ridiculous. There’s nothing supernatural about that journal. It’s just a normal datapad. The old fool’s ravings have nothing to do with Éclair or me.

Leon almost thought the voice was done with him for now, but it gave one last taunt. Deny it all you wish, but you know that in the end, both you and that girl belong to the darkness.

Leon parted from Éclair to look at her gorgeous face. She smiled that rapturous smile for him. He slowly traced a thumb over her full, sumptuous lips.

If that’s true ... then in darkness, we shall rule.

“So that’s why Éclair was giving you the stink-eye? You thought I was about to go all murder crazy, huh?”

Grafael was unable to meet Ryan’s gaze. “To attack you in your sleep ... there is no excuse, not even with the omen hanging over us. Little brother, can you ever forgive me?”

Ryan was about to dismiss Grafael’s concern with a wave of his hand, but then he remembered what Éclair told him

Ryan crossed his arms and spoke gravely. “We agreed, didn’t we, brother? We agreed her life comes first. I would’ve done the same had it been you.”

Grafael gawked at Ryan in surprise. “Would you really?”

“To protect Éclair and everyone else. Damn right I would’ve,” Ryan said not too gently. Grafael was not the kind of person who needed gentle treatment. “I wouldn’t have liked it, but if you had kept going after her the way you did on the ship, I would’ve gladly cut your head off, fulfilling our vow to protect Eclair.”

Grafael smiled broadly. He was probably the only person happy to hear that someone was willing to kill him. “Thank you, little brother. Thank you. That is good to hear. The others, noble warriors that they are, cannot yet understand. And Éclair, bless her, not even she can fully understand ... not until battle has become her bread and butter. But we are the Wingless, you and I. The ways of war and hardship flow within our veins.”

“And you, don’t you dare go soft on me either,” Ryan warned, pointing a finger. “The others can get all sentimental and junk, but we’re the Wingless Dragons. We do what needs to be done no matter the cost. Not that it ever will be me, but on the off chance that is, you smash my skull in before you let me hurt any of our friends.”

Grafael held out his hand and Ryan took it. There was still so much strength in Grafael’s grip despite his condition. “Then make a pact with me. Let us be a covering for one another, my kin. You are the shield for our allies against me, just as I am yours.”

Ryan nodded, feeling pretty manly about himself at the moment. He then pointed a finger at Grafael and spoke in a lecturing tone. “And so none of this abandoning us nonsense? No more feeling sorry for yourself?”

Grafael shook his head. “With all that has happened, I know my place is here. At least if the Minister allows me to stay with everything I’ve done.”

Ryan waved a hand dismissively and then pointed a thumb at himself. “I know we can schmooze things over with old Saria. Just let Éclair and me deal with her.”

Grafael then took Ryan’s arm with both hands, his face looking ... hopeful. “But little brother, one day ... one day soon, I wish to return to our home. Éclair needs to bring her light to our people ... bring Elemency back into our culture so that we may be close allies with Tarrus once again. On that day, little brother, I wish you to meet my family, and we will show you what it truly means to be one of us ... to be of Sauria.”

Ryan felt a pang of emotion hit him in the chest, and he struggled not to cry. Nope! Grafael is the one guy I can’t cry in front of! But come on, man! Didn’t I say not to get all wishy-washy?

Ryan squeezed Grafael’s claw and patted him on the shoulder. “To that day then, my brother.”

Grafael released Ryan’s hand looking satisfied. But his worry did return.

“Little Brother. Our pact has me at ease. But still ... the omen. Be wary. You mustn’t let your guard down, not even for an instant. It can come upon you at any moment, that much I remember for certain. I was enjoying a good fight with that large, orange Ogre ... and then before I knew it, I had nearly lost myself to the frenzy. Don’t let that happen to you. You are my kin, that is without question. So it still could be you one day.”

Ryan nodded. “Any tests Éclair has you doing to look into the Berserker Strain, let me take them too. Whatever it was that psycho put in your head, we’ll make sure it stays there.”

Ryan got up, smirking slightly. “Get well soon. I wanna kick your ass again. I’ll be damned before I let a tie between us stand forever.”

As Ryan left the tent, Grafael called out warningly. “Little brother. Be wary. You of all people should know that a true warrior’s worst enemy is always himself.”

Ryan pounded his chest in a Saurian salute and left feeling pretty good about how things turned out. And then he saw Éclair making out with Leon.

Leon held Éclair by her waist while she leaned up to him. She held the back of his head with both hands as she let her crutch fall to the ground. Their eyes were closed as their lips touched without any sign of letting up.

Ryan felt like the life had been stolen right out of him. And more than that, he felt an anger rise within him that he couldn’t fully explain. His whole body felt hot with it. His jaw clenched. He felt a need ... the need to kill the one that took she which belonged only to him. Éclair was his. She was always his. They were made for each other since the beginning of creation. How dare this stripling put his filthy hands on her? Ryan would not stand for it. He’d tear him to pieces with his fangs and claws. He’d burn what remained of the cretin as he burned whole worlds that had earned his ire. He needed to...

Ryan looked down at his hand. It was shaking. His fingernails were extended as if like claws. It can’t be. Could he really ... just for something like that. He thought that last time was just a fluke brought on by the tense situation.

What?! Where did all that come from? Burn worlds! Burn ... burn Leon? What is wrong with me? Simple jealousy isn’t like that!

Then Ryan remembered what Grafael said. Be wary. It can come upon you at any moment.

Ryan risked a look one more time. They broke from one another, and smiled at each other lovingly. Leon traced a thumb over Éclair’s mouth. They hadn’t noticed him yet.

The anger didn’t come back, at least not completely. But something worse came in its place. Sorrow. Even betrayal. He knew it didn’t make any sense. He and Éclair had never been together. He knew she had feelings for Leon. So why ... why was it such a shock for him? Why was he taking this so hard?

Ryan realized in panic that any moment now, they would turn and see him. Éclair would see him, see him with claws extended as he nearly gave himself to a violent rage because she kissed Leon. He couldn’t ... he couldn’t stand the thought of her seeing him like that. He had to get out of there ... he had to...

Leon scooped Éclair in his arms, and she giggled at his chivalry as she leaned into his chest. Then Leon walked past carrying Éclair. They never even took notice of Ryan. Soon, they were out of sight. Ryan was confused. Maybe Leon, but why would Éclair just ignore him like that? Why would...

“It wasn’t easy fooling that one,” said a voice.

Only then did Ryan notice Kormal standing next to him. The Sage was watching him with those black, pupilless eyes.

“Leon’s telepathy is quite advanced. The only reason he didn’t notice me shrouding your presence was due to ... well, he was obviously distracted.”

It was Kormal. He didn’t let them see me.

As Ryan came to grips with himself, he felt his breathing coming in shallow, low gasps. He was on the verge of hyperventilating as he processed what he almost did.

Kormal studied him carefully, his earlier impatience all but gone.

Ryan finally managed to get himself under control. Then a thought occurred ... a very unpleasant thought. “Kormal. Did you know that Leon has Shadow Elemency?”

“Yes,” replied the Sage while barely moving. “A trait of his family. All Lurranna possess it to a certain degree. You should not blame him for it any more than you blame yourself for being part Dragon.”

“Does that make him dangerous ... to Éclair I mean?”

“I think you just realized that you yourself can be dangerous,” Kormal said chidingly. Then he paused, and said a little more gently, “I think we all can under the right circumstances.”

Ryan took the rebuke in stride, but said nothing.

“We do not have to go to Gackbar right away,” continued Kormal. “I know the Minister gave her permission, but perhaps you need some time to...”

Ryan shook his head hard. He felt like staying was the last thing he needed to do. “No ... No. A promise for Galzar and Silvia means more ... than hurt feelings. Let’s go, pops.” Ryan started walking away without waiting for a reply.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.