The Ball - Cover

The Ball

Copyright© 2023 by A Bad Attitude

Chapter 2

Captain John Wade

Okay now you know my name so I’ll get right to my part of this story. I am in Memphis, Tn. on Temporary Additional Duty (TAD) as a recruiter for the Marine Corps. This duty ends on the 12th of November. Then I am on my way back to Okinawa with 3rd Marine Division. I’ll spend a couple of weeks there then on to Viet Nam, my second tour. The problem here in Memphis is that I am expected to go with the other recruiters to the Marine Corps Birthday Ball. It is being held at a hotel in downtown Memphis and I am “expected” to bring a date.

Now I have been in town about three weeks and besides a couple of strippers I picked up at a club out by the airport I do not know anyone. I really don’t want to show up with a hooker. I explained my situation to one of the enlisted recruiters and he gave me the idea of going to the nursing school and advertising for a date. It sounded like it might work so I decided to give it a try.

I took a picture of myself in uniform to a copy place and had it put on a paper that stated what I needed. I also said that it was just a date, no strings and I promised a good time. This is my first call.

“Captain Wade speaking.”

“My name is Sue Donaldson. I saw your ad on the bulletin board. I am interested.”

“Sue glad to meet you and please call me John. Sue I’ll be blunt. You are the only girl that has called so far. The ball is tomorrow night at the Peabody Hotel in Memphis. It is a formal affair so you will have to have a formal dress. Is that possible?”

“No problem with that. But I want you to know that I am tall, 5’ 10” with red hair and green eyes. Will that be a problem for you?”

“God no! I love red heads and I stand 6’ 3”. So wear your heels if you want. Where should I pick you up? At the school maybe?”

“No. I’ll want to get dressed at my sister’s house in Germantown. Can you pick me up there?”

“That will not be a problem. About 5:30 pm?”

“I’ll be ready, John.”

She gave me her address and we got off the phone. She sounds perfect! She is tall and I do love red heads. I asked someone where Germantown is located and was told it was just east of Memphis and is in a very well to do part of town. Great just what I need for the ball. A really classy girl in nursing school.

Sue

I got the date! Now we have to get busy. I try on a couple of the dresses Bev has. The lime green one is perfect. But Bev says no, it is too short. So I go with the full length black one. It is off the shoulder and shows a good amount of cleavage. She has the matching high heels. I look hot! But more important I look 20! Okay 19 anyway.

Bev makes me an appointment to get my hair done at one of the salons there in town. I am also getting a manicure and a pedicure! Wow! But the icing on the cake was the salon also did make-up! I was going to wear make-up! I never had the money for make-up.

I could barely sleep that night and the next morning at breakfast, after Jim left for work, I sat at the table with Bev.

“Sue I know you are not on any kind of birth control so be careful. Don’t get drunk and do something stupid. You could get pregnant and this guy will be gone. You don’t want that...”

“Bev believe it or not I am a virgin and I plan on staying that way. And besides this paper said “No Strings” remember?”

“Whatever, just be careful.”

Morning passed and it became time to go to the salon. I was treated like a princess and I felt like a princess! It took all afternoon but at the end I was beautiful!! We went home and I carefully showered and got ready for my date. Bev helped touch up my make-up and showed me how to apply my lipstick. This was going to be my big night!

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.