The Guard - Cover

The Guard

Copyright© 2023 by A Bad Attitude

Chapter 4: The Reception and Afterwards

Tuesday could not come fast enough. I miss Patty! I am really in love with that girl! After I was finished up in my office I rushed upstairs to my apartment to shower and change into my civvies.

In my closet I saw my “Dragon Skin” T-shirt hanging next to my suit coat. I had gotten that after that piece of shrapnel stuck in my back in Africa. My mother had found it advertised on the inter-net and bought it for me. I put it on for the first time. Best decision of my life! I’ll explain later.

Patty picked me up explaining that her father was already at the hotel making last minute “adjustments” as she called them.

The reception went off as about could be expected. Lots of hand shaking and introductions. I am introduced as Patty’s boyfriend from the states. There were a couple of political speeches before the V.P. gave his big announcement. Then it was mostly standing around smiling.

Señor Gomez walked over about 11:30 and said he was staying at the hotel for the night. He winked at me and thanked me for coming, then walked away.

“We have the house all to ourselves. You might be late for work tomorrow.”

Actually that was not going to be a problem. I had explained my invitation to the reception to my boss and he gave me the next day off. I was told to be careful there were rumors of something going down at the reception. Hence, my Dragon Skin. Understand?

But the reception was a success as far as I could tell. Nothing out of the ordinary. We left in her Dad’s limo. Rico driving, Raul in the front passenger seat.

Maybe a mile down the street it happened! A van slammed into the front left bumper of the limo and forced us into an electric pole. Patty and I were thrown to the floor. While I was trying to get Patty up and see if she was all right, a man runs up to driver’s side window with a 9mm pistol. He shoots thru the window killing both Rico and Raul! I realize what is happening! We are in a kill zone! My Marine training kicks in. “Get out of the kill zone”. I open my side door and drag Patty out with me. There is a “Farmacia” (drug store) in front of me.

“Get inside,” I scream at Patty. I am hot on her tail and almost at the door when I hear the shot and feel the bullet go into my leg below my knee. It spins me around and I see my assailant. It’s a fucking woman! Pardon my language, remember I have resorted to being a Marine not a civilian escort anymore. Her next shot hits me directly in my chest. My hand goes to the wound and I feel it. The impact has knocked me down but there is no wound! What I am feeling is the bullet lodged in my Dragon Skin t-shirt! I have the breath knocked out of me as she walks up. She is going for the kill shot! As the pistol comes up a miracle happens. Raul is not dead!

He is out of the car and running towards us! She does not see him. What the hell?! He is swinging a machete! Where did he get a machete?

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.