Interview With the Invisible Dragon - Cover

Interview With the Invisible Dragon

by maxathron

Copyright© 2023 by maxathron

Fantasy Story: A dragon ate an alchemist that just so happened to have an experimental invisibility potion with him. Now she's 'bedridden' and unable to work. A reporter interviews her.

Tags: Fiction   Fairy Tale   High Fantasy   Workplace   Science Fiction   Magic   non-anthro  

The creature before the reporter would have been the most terrifying creature ever, had it not been for a pre-Food and Potions Administrations invisibility potion.

The reporter sat on a rock interviewing her subject. She, or it, or maybe actually he, was allegedly a dragon. The reporter could not see said dragon. Allegedly, it swooped down and ate an alchemist, including his experimental permanent invisibility potion.

The potion was experimental for a reason.

“Tell me again what is your name and title? Say it for the magic recording thing-a-ma-jig.”

Despite being in a land of magic and fantasy and probably could come up with an equivalent spell or enchanted object, Fantasy Kingdom had yet to come up with something that fulfilled the role of a recording camera. The concept of a recording device that processed the information in a format that could be viewed later caught Fantasy Kingdom’s government and larger estates by storm. People could record their lives and see them whenever they wanted.

The system relied on a new concept called E-leck-trid-see-tee to keep the devices powered. Fantasy Kingdom could produce the electricity needed to power machines via shock magic, and power storage was possible with storage machines.

They begrudgingly had to buy those things from the buggers that lived in the next system over. Said technocrats at Space Nation invented a thing called a camera. And computers. And interstellar starships. Of which, they used as vehicles to trade goods and services with Fantasy Land, the planet where Fantasy Kingdom was located in.

Fantasy Kingdom didn’t bother making something like that in the end and happily traded for Space Nation technology with Fantasy Kingdom magic as payment, which was like magic to them, ironically. Space Nation said Fantasy Land’s magic was indistinguishable from Space Nation’s sufficiently advanced technology, too.

Everyone in the know at that trade meeting rolled their eyes at the reference.

“I’m Daisy House-Flamer, with the title of Giant Flying Lizard,” Daisy squeaked, in a high-pitched voice like a character from a show on the Cartoon’s Kingdom Network channel. Daisy was a female dragon.

“What are your qualifications and experience with this position?”

“I graduated Draconus Vocational School of Fire-Breathing Dragons, summa cum laude, and finishing top of my class with a Dragon Point Average of three point nine. I’ve been the kingdom’s premier fire breathing dragon and Village Terrifier for three years now.”

“Can you tell me what happened?”

“Like I said, Miss Reporter, I was being my usual dragon self, terrorizing random villages, breathing fire on some houses, and flying around being a giant flying lizard.

“I spied one villager and I dived, and I ate him.”

“I see. And what happened to you?”

“I became invisible. How would I know he was carrying around an experimental invisibility potion!? The potion’s bottle must have broken open when I ate him and spilled the contents down my tummy.”

“And this potion, why do you think it was experimental? Invisibility potions make their drinker invisible.”

 
There is more of this story...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.