Nipochaos - Cover

Nipochaos

Copyright© 2023 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 10

Sam

Kaito (ocean), Odoroki... ‘Surprise’ ... and Mioko were the most interesting of his progeny. The thirty some former caretakers on Earth were in various stages of parenthood. Mioko was the only one who came back ... so far.

“You’re going to visit your parents?”

“It’s been almost thirteen years,” Mioko said. “It’s about time.”

“Think they’ll recognize you?” Sam questioned.

“Ooo ... didn’t think about that,” she said.

“You never went to Cassandra after the change.” Sam said.

The change was from a Cassandran beauty in the Cassandran version of the SCA... (the Society for Creative Anachronism is an international living history group with the aim of studying and recreating mainly Medieval European cultures and their histories before the 17th century ... the Cassandran edition included medieval Japan. Before ... and during the time ... she was a Crossroads Heros Caretaker candidate ... she was an active member in the JSCA ... Cassandran.) They dressed Japanese, acted like movie versions of Japanese women ... and generally had a glorious time pretending.

Sato-san wanted to be a hero ... not companion. He didn’t want a Gaijin round-eye as a Heros Caretaker ... he wanted a Japanese ... Sam the healing chamber fixed the only Crossroads Heros Caretaker candidate who was willing to take the makeover. She was as Japanese as a native. She was the first total makeover ... and no longer sterile.

Her mother hadn’t approved of the transformation ... so ... Mioko didn’t go home ... Like a great many Cassandran parental units ... her dad didn’t care.

Ceiling said, “I can help ... I’ll let them know.”

“Don’t mention the children, please,” Mioko countered.

“Gonna surprise ‘em?”

She giggled, “Yes.”

Mioko had just finished her after soak shower when Ceiling said, “Come ahead on.” Ceiling had her mothers voice down pat.

“That was scary, Ceiling-sama. I haven’t heard that voice in 14 years.”

In the same exact representation of her mother, Ceiling said, “It’s about time you quit playing stupid kids games.”

She had a look of question but, before she could voice it, Ceiling said... “Word for word.” “Well ... sorta ... she said, ‘she used she instead of ‘you.’”

“Stupid kids games?”

“Yes,” Ceiling said, “She doesn’t approve of the Crossroads/Chaos ‘game.’”

“What?”

“Science will save us ... it always has ... it always will.”

“Mom?”

“Yup ... your mom.”

“I don’t think I want to go,” she said.

“Mom,” Ichiro, said. “I’m staying.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.