Nipochaos - Cover

Nipochaos

Copyright© 2023 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 7

Mioko Sato ... oh yes ... married ... at a Shinto shrine, by a priest in a ceremony called shinzenshiki, or “marriage before the gods.” And registered at the repository of records ... truly married.

Four children in six years ... all breast fed. She still looks 18. I am the envy of my neighbors ... the men, anyway ... the women? not so much.

I still took my 15 minutes every three weeks

We vacationed at various resorts ... this past summer was Pentwater ... well ... Ludington ... two weeks cruise. Aboard the SS Badger Car Ferry.

Busman’s holiday for me ... Mioko and the children were thrilled.

The Japanese Coast Guard is a commercial venture ... more cops than Navy ... and we have ‘better’ rules and regulations.

Because I was married, and therefore stable, I was promoted to Warrant. A year at warrant (bigger boat and more responsibilities.) and I was comissioned to Ensign, later to Lieutenant JG and then Lieutenant and I had my thirty ... and retirement. I never did get to teach at the ‘academy.’

But ... I’m out now.

Let the fun and games begin! After 30 years of coddling miscreants and smugglers, making sure they get the full extent of the law ... shoot only when shot at ... see they get before a judge ... and be pissed when they get off. Now I can go to go to Chaos ... where I can KILL the bad guys ... love it.

Mioko doesn’t have to make excuses for my ‘fifteen minutes.’ Now she can say, “I have no idea where he’s gone, I hope he’s back soon ... the children are home ... it’s chaos here.”

She was sitting cross-legged on her zabon with a relaxing Japanese chair with a back and no legs for support.

The children were arranged at her back ... they were there for her support.

Sato-sama came through the mirror. The family bowed.

Mahiro was shocked. The children Know?

He started to remonstrate when Mioko held up her hand.

Confused, he stood.

“We’re going next time.”

Not ‘we would like to go. Is that okay?’

Nope!

“We’re GOING.”

Ooo ... what a surprise.

Now that Mahiro was ‘flabbergasted’ ... silenced ... stunned. She continued.

“The children have never met my parents. My parents have no idea they have grandchildren.”

“But ... but ... but,” he sputtered.

“We’ll drop you off at Crossroads and make our way to the Cassandra express portal.”

“But...”

“But nothing. They know and like your parents ... it’s time and past they know mine.”

So ... it came to pass that the very next time the Japanese portal opened the triplet (who knows which one) was shocked to see Sato-san step through with a fair.

“Hello Sam...”

“Mioko! Nice to see you ... your brood?”

“Yes Dunk ‘em, please. We’re going to see the grandparents.”

Sam is a vast ceremonial hotspring and spa now ... very popular with the off duty staff ... the children were cavorting when Eva ... you all know Eva? Eva Crossroads Hero Caretaker Coordinator? Yes ... THAT Eva.

Eva finally got her wish ... remember?

“We want her back.”

That wish ... although ... not quite like she wanted.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.