Poetic Justice - Cover

Poetic Justice

Copyright© 2023 by A Bad Attitude

Chapter 4

The Governor answered the door in his housecoat.

“What’s going on Bull?”

There was no hand shake, no glad to see you, he was visibly upset and wanting to know why I was at his door at 3 am. Hunter was standing off to one side so I grabbed him by his neck and shoved him inside.

“What the hell did you do this time?”

“Nothing really. This is all just a misunderstanding. Let me explain...”

“What happened, Bull?”

“He was clocked at 145 mph up on 312. He had an open container in the car along with an eight ball of coke in his pocket. There was a pistol under his front seat and a 15 year old illegal Mexican girl in the passenger seat.”

“You idiot! You fucking idiot!”

“I can explain.”

“No you cannot. Get your ass up to your room and stay there while I work this out with Bull.”

Hunter turned and headed up the stairs.

“Come into the living room and have a seat.”

“Bull how bad is this?”

“Nothing I can’t clear up. But you have to get Hunter under control. That Mexican kid looks 13. She says she is 15 and Hunter promised her a ride to New York where she has family. She says he paid the coyote for bringing her across the border. Governor, if this gets out we’re talking human trafficking, prostitution, crossing state lines with a minor. This has to be covered up tonight!”

“Shit! I have big plans for Hunter. I have secured him a place in the National Guard. He is going to be made an officer. In three years I am going to have him replace that idiot Senator, ex-son-in-law of mine. This has to be taken care of and good.”

“Only one way Governor.”

“You don’t mean...”

“It’s the only way Governor. If we let her go and she gets to New York she could tell her family. They get pissed and find one of those New York liberal attorneys. They start snooping around then take a case to some liberal D.A. with an axe to grind. Next thing Hunter is on trial with some liberal jury and no chance of an acquittal. He’ll do time as example of their equal justice.”

“Who will you get to do the job?”

“Nobody. I’ll do this myself. I’ll discover the body and she will be buried as a Jane Doe.”

“How much?”

“$100.000.”

“That’s a lot of money for killing an illegal.”

I stood up.

“I’ll have my deputy bring her over here in the morning. You and Hunter can handle it. Oh, he is going to get a ticket for speeding and the open container. I’ll give him a pass on the coke and the pistol. Maybe they can get married. That would solve the problem.”

I started for the door.

“Wait. Your way is better. Less problems for me.”

“I want the money first.”

The Governor told me to wait as he when upstairs. He was back in 5 minutes and handed me a sack full of $100 bills. I shook hands and left for the office.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.