Our Fortieth Anniversary - Cover

Our Fortieth Anniversary

by R.L.B

Copyright© 2024 by R.L.B

Romantic Story: A short story, Sharing the love I have for my beautiful wife.

Caution: This Romantic Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Reluctant   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   True Story   Fairy Tale   Horror   Mystery   Steampunk   Tear Jerker   Wife Watching   Cream Pie   .

I heard her struggling. “You need any help?” I called up the stairs to her but knew she would decline.

“No!” She said with as much energy as she could muster. (which wasn’t much.) “Stay out. I’m not ready yet.” She insisted.

I was standing at the bottom of the stairs ready to run upstairs in any instant if I heard her fall or felt she needed my help. I have been here for nearly an hour now.

She treated me so well when she was healthy. She let me vent when I needed to. She held me close when I needed that too. She was the perfect wife for me for forty years today.

Now that she was under the weather, I was determined not to let her down.

Then I saw her emerging from our marital bedroom. She was beautiful. I didn’t see the wrinkles from the stress of raising two children. I saw her like she was when she walked down the aisle to me with her brother-in-law giving her away. She is as beautiful today as she was that day. I saw her the same.

The only difference was her hair. Her wig today was brunette with red highlights. It’s no way near her natural hair color. But I didn’t mind.

I ascended the steps to greet her, not taking my eyes off her for even a second.

When I approached her, I held my hands out to wrap my arms around her. With that, I held her tightly and whispered in her ear. “You are so beautiful. I am so lucky to have you with me.”

“Were you taking me for our anniversary?”

She knew she couldn’t travel. She was just too sick. But I knew she would try. So, I had another idea. “Today, for our anniversary, I’ll be taking you to Flemings,” I announced knowing it was her favorite place to go.

“Really. I love it. Do they still have a dance floor next door?”

“But of course my love. Now, let me help you down the steps.” I say, knowing she had to hang on to both me and the banister.

She took one step at a time, taking small pauses with each step. But I am determined that I will NOT rush her. Holding on to each other as she descended the stairs.

Once we were at the bottom of the steps, I led her to the dining room table and pulled out a chair with my free hand. She sat and I helped her to get comfortable.

The table was already set. It had a prime rib steak from Flemings, right along with all the accompaniments that I knew she loved.

I spent a lot of time cutting hers up. As she would have a hard time with it otherwise.

I sat next to her and took her hand.

We both bowed our heads and I said, “Thank you god for this day. Thank you for my beautiful wife.”

She added, “And my husband.”

I poured her some wine. But not much, as it may affect her medication. Then we began to eat.

She loved her steak, but she didn’t eat much. She couldn’t.

After the meal, I got up, put her favorite CD in the player, and pushed play.

She didn’t take her eyes off me as I did and returned with my arm out for her to take.

 
There is more of this story...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.