A True Tale - Cover

A True Tale

Copyright© 2008 by acolodude

Chapter 10

The old man and Mia entered the room and slowly got ready for bed. Naked they both climbed into the blankets and after adjusting their position with Mia backed to the old man’s front they drifted off to sleep. Mia enjoyed the strong arm draped over her with his huge hand covering her breast softly squeezing and rolling it in his hand. The next morning the old man told Mia he would be back in two days and left. Panicked, Mia told Lord Kronk that the old man had left stating he would return in two days. Lord Kronk was angry and told Mia that if he did not return she would be punished since she allowed the old man to leave without informing him.

Lord Kronk had an important guest coming in the next week and wanted to ensure the old man was present to tell his wonderful tales. Lord Kronk wanted to impress his guest and felt the telling of the tales would be the best way as all his friends and other Lords enjoyed the tales.

The old man returned late at night on the second day. Mia had been frightened that he would not return and Lord Kronk would keep his promise to punish her. Once they were in the room, Mia told the old man about the important guest coming to visit Lord Kronk and that before he left again he must allow Mia to tell Lord Kronk or she might be punished.

At breakfast the old man questioned Lord Kronk about his guest. Lord Kronk explained that his guest was a very important diplomat.

Word came that the diplomat would be delayed a day. The old man asked if Mia could accompany him into town, promising to be back before dinner. Lord Kronk agreed and Mia and the old man left just before lunchtime.

Mia found it strange that the old man went to every caravan and trading store asking about the trip and any information about the routes from the coast to here. It was the same story small raiding party of orcs mostly to the north and east to the coast. The two returned for dinner and Lord Kronk asked for a small story after dinner. The old man said he had the perfect short tale.

With everyone seated and drinks poured, the old man began the short tale.

Keope was telling how he became a knight; he had been working in the field and heard steel clashing and screams. Running to the sound of the fight. Keope found a small carriage tipped over on its side and three armored men fighting eight bandits. Three other knights were dead on the ground as was the driver. Keope picked up a sword and cut down two bandits before anyone realized he was now in the fight. Three more bandits were cut down as was one of the knights, leaving the fight three against three. The fight ended quickly after that with one more knight being cut down. The last knight thanked Keope and asked for his assistance in getting the Lady home. The remaining horses were caught and the lady and her maid were helped onto horses and the knight and Keope mounted up and the knight had Keope ride lead in front of the lady and her maid while he rode rear guard. The Baron was most pleased with Keope when he heard that he assisted in protecting his daughter. After demonstrating great skill as a warrior {his father’s teaching}the Baron knighted Keope and charged him ‘the ladies champion’ only once did he have to protect her honor as a neighboring Lord’s son tried to kiss her and was knocked on his rear by Keope. The son’s two guards attacked Keope, which resulted in one being killed and the other seriously injured. The Lord made the mistake of implying that the Lady led his son on. So Keope demanded the son tell the truth to which he refused and the duel was called. It truly was not anything more than Keope knocking the son’s sword out of his hand and smacking him about the head, shoulders, hips and butt with the flat edge of his sword. It was very funny watching the son run or try to run around the square with Keope smacking him somewhere on his body. Finally the son called for mercy and told the truth to which his father was then called forward to offer apologies. Everyone saw the power and skill Keope had and none ever challenged him again. Once the Lady married Keope was free to follow his own destiny with a large reward from the new husband. This led to becoming a paid guard for traveling Dukes Earls Counts Barons and such. Mostly he was paid to escort ladies to their betrothed. It was after one of these adventures that Keope came across Tia and helped her. The rest you know. Smiling the old man stood and held his hand out for Mia who had been kneeling on the floor next to his stool as he told the story. Lord Kronk was very pleased and informed the old man that his guest would be arriving in two or three days and to have a great tale for him.

It was early the fourth day that the diplomat did arrive. It seems his caravan had been attacked by orcs about a week back. The caravan guards only number 30 and the wagon drivers only 15. His personal guards 5, along with some of the merchants and the diplomat their total was 57. The orcs numbers were close to 100. They attacked from both sides with around 60 riding large wolves and the remainder shooting arrows. Half the guards were killed or wounded in the initial attack it looked like all was lost when two small groups of 3-5 people in each rode through the archers killing almost all of them and scattering the few that survived. Then the two groups charged behind the attacking orcs and slaughtered almost all of them quickly and violently before riding off without saying a word or even checking to see if anyone had survived the fight. A company of soldiers were sent to protect the diplomat the rest of the way here and what was left of the caravan followed them too. This is why he was so late in arriving. He had to tell the Duke and his General everything that happened. They were worried that a small group of less than 10 people were able to wipeout close to 100 orcs without any trouble. They might be a serious threat if they were that powerful.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.