Golem - Cover

Golem

Copyright© 2009 by dak

Chapter 10

Laura...

I was in my hut preparing my pack of trade goods to leave in the mourning, outside Shanor and Entoch were finishing up packing the wagon they had help me make. The whole village had thought it was a wonder, no one having seen such a device. Of course I was going to have to pull it as we had no beast of burden that would have to be my next project.

First though was growing the village, with my help they could sustain a larger population then they currently held, and from what I had learned the Neanderthal population was dwindling here, I needed to get them intermingling with the Homo sapiens. At least that was what I hoped the strange ones where, from everyone's description they were more like me in size and shape, if not as tall.

As I was packing my supply of medicines I felt a wave of dizziness over take me, I fell to my knees, my vision began to fade, the last thing I saw was a warning on my HUD for a gravitational flux. The next thing I saw was the dirt rushing up then blackness.

Entoch


Shanor and I had finished loading the wagon when we heard the boom, I saw the flash in the sky just like the night my parents had died, I looked around trying to see what it was but couldn't spot anything.

Shanor had her bow drawn before the sound even faded looking around.

"Entoch what is that?"

I shook my head

"No idea lets ask Laura"

We both entered the Shamans hut to find Laura on the floor face down, I tried to roll her over but couldn't, I asked Shanor to help me, together we managed to roll her over. We both stared shocked, her eyes were wide open but no longer blue, they simple where black with no shine to her.

"Entoch is she dead?"

I shook my head and lowered my ear to her chest like Laura had taught us, I could hear a hum along with a rhythmic beat, then I heard a shallow breath in and out.

"She is still alive Shanor, quick go get Ogna"

Shanor stood and ran out of the hut, once she was gone I whispered into Laura's ear.

"please be ok"

I grabbed some furs and put them under her head, which was surprisingly hard to do. Soon I heard Ogna and Shanor coming, they both entered the hut. Ogna took in the scene.

"what happened?!?!"

I looked at him

"we heard the boom and rushed in hear to ask her what it was, we found her like this!"

He kneeled next to her and shook her

"she was teaching you two did she tell you what to do if this happened?"

I shook my head no, Shanor spoke up.

"she said the smelly herb!"

Shanor rushed over to Laura's table and began digging through the herbs until she grabbed one, she sniffed it and I saw her eyes water.

"got it!"

She ran back to Laura and held it under her nose for a bit, Ogna looked at her

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.