Golem - Cover

Golem

Copyright© 2009 by dak

Chapter 18

Shanor

I sat in stunned silence, looking back and forth between Laura and Entoch, Both had just explained the plan, my stomach flip flopped at the thought.

"You want me to cut Entoch up and put him in his unfinished body?"

They both nodded, Laura looked off to the side.

"His attempts are becoming more sophisticated, we have some time but not much. Laura alone wont stand a chance against him, however with you three working together you should be able stop him."

I shook my head, looking at Laura.

"I am not as fast or as strong as you"

She nodded.

"that is true, but I was winning that battle until he pulled the jet pack move. Entoch body wont be as fast either, but its strength is the key, if you and I distract him Entoch and you will beable to hold him down while I disable him."

I shook my head again.

"I cant cut Entoch up, I don't know how!"

Laura looked at me.

"I can show you how here, just like all the other things Ive taught you, Shanor I know you're afraid, but we need to hurry."

I looked at her as she seemed to be struggling with something, I nodded.

"Where do we start?"

Laura

I was stunned by the blast, slowly my backup systems came online, all I could see was static, I was cut off from communications with the children, I could not contact my doppleganger, I tried to focus on anything when suddenly there was a signal cutting through my defenses, the golem was trying to hack my systems, I routed what processing powers I could to combat the attack.

It seemed like forever before my vision returned, I was still being ground into the dirt by the Golems rocket pack, He was just standing over me, my first guess was he assumed I was out of commission, I didn't try to move I just continued to counter his attempt to hack into me, we stayed like that for 3 hours, the Golem unmoving from his position standing over me. It became fairly easy to brush off his attacks, my experience with the probe and my upgrades helping me, but I had tipped my hand, he soon saw that his attempts to remotely access me where futile. That was of course until he kneeled putting a both hands on either side of my head, I wasn't so sure of my ability to stave off a direct connection.

I saw my chance when he was knelled, his footing would not be as secure, I moved quickly pushing with my hands and knees on the rocket pack, I strained before I broke it free from myself, I aimed it at his chest and before he could react I let go. I watched it slam into him sending him flying several yards, he dropped his rifle as he flew. I scrambled out of the hole I had made before he could recover, every part of me flashing warning signs on my H.U.D., I crawled to his dropped riffle picking it up, from the floor I aimed at his fallen form and fired hitting him as he started to get up.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.